"A secluded fairy tale cabin and sauna situated on the edge of a lake in the Lapland region."
Need to know
- 7 suites
- Ylläsjärvi, Finland
- Remote luxury cabin with sauna, spa and private chef
- Check-in is between 8am-10pm, while check-out is from 8am-12pm
- Watching out for the Aurora Borealis, one of one world’s great natural wonders, from the year-round outdoor hot tub.
- Enjoying delicious Lappish cuisine in the snug on-site restaurant.
- The simple yet sleek layout of this cabin-like retreat’s interiors – sheepskins, wood floors, and crackling fireplaces.
Located in the centre of the scenic village of Ylläsjärvi in the Lapland region of Northern Finland, Aurora Estates offers a getaway with a slightly magical edge. Everything about the setting feels configurated by Mother Nature herself, from pristine snowy winters for dog sledding and soaking in the outdoor hot tub, to dreamy golden summers made for hiking and barbequing. In the midst of fairy tale mountains and gleaming lakeside lies Aurora Estates – a pretty red cabin that is home to a spa, sauna and an impressively foodie on-site restaurant.
Set up by a couple of good friends several years ago, Aurora Estates is curated with aesthetics firmly in mind – from its cosy (and infinitely Instagram-worthy) sheepskin-and-stone interiors to its magnificent views of ice and sky. You won’t want to miss a trip to the on-site sauna, with its atmospheric chalet atmosphere and top-of-the-range treatment packages, which include both electric and smoke options (and can also be booked for groups).
Cuisine as an essential component of life at Aurora Estates, with the founders placing a firm focus on the seasonality of the produce used and the authenticity of the regional dishes served. Decorated in a charmingly rustic country house style, the on-site restaurant seats 50 guests in an imported 19th-century log cabin setting.
Finally, don’t miss the hotel’s Kristalli beauty salon – located on the ground floor, it offers everything you’ll need to leave Lapland feeling pampered and reinvigorated, from facials to grooming treatments and massages.