"Serene retreat where you experience a harmonious blend of Japanese Onsen rituals and Northern Thai culture."
Need to know
- 8 Suites and 8 Rooms
- A home away from home, the Onsen @ Mocham is a cultural retreat set amongst the rural Thai countryside and local community
- Flexible check out time, upon request, depending on availability
- The traditionally authentic, Japanese inspired Onsen - A delightful bathing and cleansing experience.
- Fine dining - Experience the blend of classic Thai and Japanese inspired culinary delights.
- The 'Home away from home' feeling/atmosphere you experience at the retreat. You arrive as guests but leave as friends.
An extra little something
Book with us today and we'll give you:
Experience a tailor-made, authentically local treat, ranging from nearby temple or farm tours to origami or traditional Thai cooking classes.
Soak up the epic panoramic views across lush Thai countryside, atop the valley viewpoint at the nearby Mon Cham - a must see and sight to behold.
Conveniently located close to Chiang Mai and 1,200 metres above sea level, escape the heat of the city, where the air is much cooler, fresher and where you can experience three seasons in one day. Make sure you're up early to see the surrounding valley swaddled in a veil of morning mist.
No visit to the Onsen @ Moncham would be complete without experiencing the traditional, authentic Japanese Onsen - the heart and soul of the retreat.
Instantly relax and immerse yourself in traditional Japanese Onsen rituals before melting into the restorative waters, while absorbing the cleansing aromas that will invigorate your senses.
The North and South wings, set amongst the simple, yet elegant, traditionally inspired Japanese gardens, reflect the different design styles and tastes of the two owners, even including personal artworks created by one of the owners themselves.
Immerse yourself in the tranquil, peaceful surroundings in the open plan restaurant, overlooking the beautiful gardens and Onsen.
Inspired culinary delights served by Head Chef Wai were mouth-watering, delicious works of art, mesmerising all five of your senses. And just try saying no to a second signature house mojito.
You're made to feel welcome and part of the family from the moment you arrive, with friendly staff always happy to help and with a smile on their face. It feels like their genuinely happy to welcome you. You'll arrive as guests but leave as friends