"A natural Ayurvedic retreat, spa and wellness resort with excellent spa treatments and luxurious private villa accommodation."
Need to know
- 8 luxury villas, 4 of which have a private pool
- Located 20 minutes from Canggu, set amongst rice paddy fields and by a gently-flowing stream.
- 12:00 check out with flexible check out subject to availability
- The spa treatments are sublime. We challenge you to not fall asleep during the shirodhara oil head massage.
- A unique feature of this hotel has to be its huge, almost otherworldly, stone stairway down to the main hotel area from reception. It makes you feel as though you’re in an ancient temple, or in an Indiana Jones movie.
We were warmly greeted by the staff at Sukhavati on arrival, and treated to a refreshing welcome drink and then guided to our private pool villa, named Chintanami.
Our villa had marble floors, an authentic thatched pitched roof and a sumptuous ensuite bathroom. Furnishings were luxurious, with an incredibly comfortable king-sized, four-poster bed, as well as large outdoor seating area overlooking the pool as well as views over the hotel’s estate. We loved the included Sonos speaker, which we made full use of.
On our first day, we met with Ayurvedic Doctor Dr Raju, with whom we had a consultation and outline of our personal rejuvenation program for our stay. We had twice daily yoga sessions at the yoga pavilion, and absolutely loved the daily 90 minutes of prescribed Ayurvedic treaments, especially the shirodhara oil drip head massage – we fell asleep each time. The Spa’s setting was incredible, overlooking a slow-moving river, and dense tropical greenery with plenty of wildlife flying past – this really complements the spa treatments and leaves you feel incredibly destressed and calm.
The hotel at all times feels very spacious and green, and you really feel like you’re in nature as the grounds are surrounded by tall trees.
All of the staff were incredibly friendly and polite and we were made to feel very welcome throughout our entire stay. The staff really made this place!