"Romantic Tuscan retreat overlooking the vineyards and olive groves."
Need to know
- 8 suites
- Relaxed and private romantic hideaway
- Check in 2 pm, check out 11 am (flexible- just call ahead)
- Hotel closed dates: not generally open over the whole winter – please contact the hotel
- The views from the terrace over a glass of excellent Chianti
- Even better: private views from the Torre tower suite and the Hideaway suite (which has it’s own private sunset)
- The floor in the bar: made from the 300 year old straightened staves of wine barrels it’s totally worth the amount of maintenance it requires (and it has underfloor heating!)
Whether you’re looking for a breath of fresh air from the city while you explore the vineyards of Tuscany, an oasis of repose and relaxation, or a romantic hideaway, look no further than the Vitigliano Tuscan Relais and Spa. Located in the rolling hills halfway between Sienna and Florence this 11th century hamlet has been lovingly restored, renovated and revamped to provide the type of authentic and personal retreat that only comes along once in a blue moon.
Owners Marion Hattemer and Kiyan Nouchirvani originally intended it as their family home and you can feel their dedication to authenticity, sustainability, and exclusivity at every corner. The seven year renovation of this stunning hilltop retreat has culminated in an unlikely but gorgeous marriage of a 1000 year-old watchtower, inspired local craftmanship, and modern design. Marion’s creativity seems to know no bounds, as evidenced by floors handmade from 100-year old wine barrel staves, an inspired conversion of the centuries-old outbuildings into a lovely, airy, and relaxing private spa and a cigar lounge integrated into the old bake house.
With its small number of rooms and dedication to personal service, Vitigliano is welcoming, relaxing, but, above all, private. This is partly down to the simply stunning location with its cypress lined avenue and 360º view over the hills but especially due to Marion’s fierce dedication to preserving a generous, spacious and personal atmosphere, perfect for secluded privacy or convivial get togethers over an excellent glass of wine