"“A one-of-a-kind nature adventure [of Jurassic proportions] deep within the Costa Rican rainforest, at the foothills of the majestic Rincon de la Vieja Volcano.”"
Need to know
- 25 cabins - 20 Double Queens & 5 Single Kings
- Private Nature Reserve in the lush rainforests of Rincon de La Vieja
- An Adventure park for the kids, and Relaxation Spa for the parents
- Check-out time: 12p, flexible check-out time if available
- Open 365 days a year
- The Dino Park! Home to the only animatronic Dinosaur park in Central and South America.
- The spacious private cabins, a perfect fit for your family
- The breath-taking on-site botanical gardens, hummingbird sanctuary and volcanic spa experiences.
- Rich & flavourful local coffee
- Endless adventure tour options, fun for the whole family
An extra little something
Book with us today and we'll give you:
All guests booking through WorldBoutiqueHotelAwards.com will receive 2 complimentary glasses of wine with their first dinner.
One word – Sloths! Three wild sloths call the giant trees of Blue River Resort home. Enjoy a fun “find the sloth” game with your children as you walk the gardens and scan the trees. You just might spot one!
If you’re looking for a truly unique adventure, full of adventurous experiences, look no further! Located in Costa Rica’s lush northern rain forest, nestled in the foothills of Rincon de la Vieja, Blue River Resort offers its guests unique experiences full of natural wonder and endless jungle adventure. Whether you seek to simply reconnect with nature, relax and disconnect with daily life, or to go full-on action adventure vacation … Blue River Resort has diverse experiences catered to each family member’s desired experience.
Journey back to a time when nature ruled, and dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs is so much more than the name would have you believe. While it is a safe-haven for nature lovers and families seeking a jungle adventure, it is also home to the only animatronic Dino Park in Central America, featuring 26 unique species that move and roar with amazing life-like features. Your kids will embark upon an exciting Jurassic experience, as they walk the jungle paths, and come face-to-face with history’s mysterious giants.
Nature lovers delight in the wondrous on-site botanical gardens, butterfly house and hummingbird sanctuary, and explore the wilds on guided waterfall and volcano hikes. Relaxation seekers find the peace you desire in the solitude of the natural volcanic saunas, mud baths and hot springs. And for the adventurers … the possibilities are endless! From zip-lining through the canopy, horseback riding to waterfalls and tubing down the turquoise waters of the Blue River … exploring nature has never been more fun!